My Lovely Followers

Friday, November 26, 2010

LOTUS HERBALS-APRISCRUB-FRESH APRICOT SCRUB--REVIEW

LOTUS HERBALS-APRISCRUB-FRESH APRICOT SCRUB REVIEW
All Skin Types
180 gms for INR 185

Company Says:- As your hair n nails grow, your skin grows. Upper skin cells become also dead n new cells are developed underneath. It is necessary to remove these dead cells to reveal the younger, radiant skin from underneath. Lotus Herbals Apriscrub is the perfect scrub to scrub away these dead cells gently without rupturing your skin. A young, radiant skin is what you get after using this scrub.

Directions:- Moisten face and neck. Apply Lotus Herbals Apricrub in dots all over and rub with wet fingers in clockwise n anti-clockwise direction massaging gently. Rinse well n pat dry. Apply Alphamoist oil free moisturiser or Safe Sunblock Lotion before stepping out.

My Opinion:- Since Lotus Herbals is a big name in the skincare arena, I was enthusiastic about using it on my face, neck and nape. First time I used it, I felt a little dry (I have oily skin). It was too thick and didn't suit me, I got redness on my face and nape though I was ultra gentle with my skin.

         I didn't like its smell, it actually doesn't have much of a fragrance. Although my skin was very smooth after using this scrub, I had discomfort on my facial skin thereafter for a day or two. Later on I tried diluting the thick scrub with a liquid cleanser and used it on my face n neck again. But still it didn't work for me. My skin was red again and dry also.

         So I have completely stopped using it on my face n neck. But I have since then started using it on my legs n arms, I need to replenish with a good quality body butter- that's only obvious.

Pros:- Affordable, travel-friendly

Cons:- Though the company says the scrub is for all skin types, I don't think it is wise enough to use it on dry-sensitive skin, too thick in consistency, the lid has become loose so each time I use it I have to seal it with a micro-pore tape.

          I rate this product 2 out of 5 and I will never buy it again.

13 comments:

LifeThoughtsCamera said...

hey i also use this :-)) .... will review it in a while...

reviewofbeautyproducts.blogspot.com

beautydiva said...

ohh yup do it, it has been a big disappointment for me... Go ahead review it and let me know your experience with it. Waiting.... ;)

Poohkie said...

oh wow what a disappointment. I have oily, but sensitive skin. that's why I don't buy scrubs.

indianmakeupways said...

thanks for the review.too bad tat its not that great a product

beautydiva said...

@Poohkie- Same problem with me but the fab india pomegranate scrub is a hit with me right now. You can try it out...its cheaper than this scrub but much much better.

beautydiva said...

@Anju- yes very big disappointment :( But I am liking all the Lotus Herbals color cosmetics I had hauled recently. Reviewing them soon :)

anamika said...

I do have this but now i am worried whether to start using it or not..will try and let u know what was my experience with the product.

beautydiva said...

Thanks Anamika, please do let us know. I have switched to fab india and I am liking it sooo much. I bought it sometimes back but started using it after your good review about it. Thanks again :)

Elakkiya said...

I for one think, the product is pretty amazing. Perhaps it just doesn't work for sensitive skin. If you've an oily skin that is not sensitive ;), lotus apri scrub is perfecto!Sometimes I've used it with only 2 days gap, and still found no adverse reactions.

beautydiva said...

Welcome to my blog Elakkiya. Thanks for stopping by. Yes it works well for many people. This is my personal experience which I shared here. Thanks for your comment :) Do keep coming :)

Anonymous said...

it works very well for me...leaves my skin really smooth

beautydiva said...

@anonymous- thanks for being here and commenting. Good that it works for you, for me its too abrassive.

Anonymous said...

How will I know tht it will work on my dry and oily skin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...