My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

VLCC- Strawberry Lip Shield- SPF 10- REVIEW

VLCC- Strawberry Lip Shield- SPF 10
 10 ml/0.34 fl. oz for INR 85

Company Says:- This unique lip shield enriched with Strawberry, Vitamin E and Shea Butter, helps heal chapped lips, conditions and keeps them smooth, while protecting them from harmful effects of the sun (SPF-10)

Ingredients:- Ricinus Communis Oil, Octyl Methoxy Cinnamate, Shea Butter, Di-Methicone, Vitamin E.

My Opinion:- My lips get chapped and flaky as soon as it gets a little cold outside, literally they start peeling off- yes they do :P. My lips are not what you would call pink but they are not dark also. So all the time I have to wear a lip balm to protect and moisturise my lips.

               When I bought this lip balm, I was happy with the company's claim and its lovely red color. My happiness continued when I first opened the lid of the tub and took in the aroma of the product. The delicious strawberry scent made me compare it to a jar of strawberry jam :D. It is not tinted.

             I took a little on my fingertip and it was waxy not oily. On first application I found out how well it spreads on my chappped-peeling lips. After sometimes I felt my lips soften, the balm stayed on for about 2 hours before I had to reapply it. So i kept apply it every now and then, but if I didn't apply it for a longer period then my lips dried up again. 
              It didn't moisturise or condition my lips as claimed by the company. It was just like a coat of wax over my lips- as long as it stayed it worked but as soon as it was wiped out or I had food, the soft and smooth feel was gone. 
             But then if I use the balm under a non-SPF lipstick, it works well and keeps my lips moisturised. Maybe its going to work for me in the summers when my lips are normal.

Pros:- Easy to carry, contains SPF, deliciously scented, affordable.

Cons:- Available in tub form, so its not hygienic; have to sanitize my hand before using it; not suitable for chapped lips neither heals them- as claimed by the company.

I rate this product 3 out of 5 as of now. And I will have to try it out in the summers before saying anything about repurchasing it.

4 comments:

indianmakeupways said...

hey i have tried this and i agree with u. its not moisturising at all and i dont use it nowadays

Tanveer said...

I haven't tried this.. Thks for the review :)

beautydiva said...

@Anju- it gives only temporary relief if is gone its effects are also gone.

beautydiva said...

@Tanveer- please dont try it. Lotus Herbals, Cocoa Lip therapy is much better product- am reviewing it soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...