My Lovely Followers

Friday, January 21, 2011

AVON SIMPLY PRETTY KAJAL- SWATCHES N REVIEW

AVON SIMPLY PRETTY KAJAL- SWATCHES N REVIEW

2.6 gms for INR 79

Ingredients:- Not Listed

My Opinion:- I love applying kajal on my eyes. I apply it everyday and my makeup seems to be incomplete without it. Basically my everyday makeup is just a tinted lip balm or gloss or kajal. I keep on experimenting with different brands and last month my pick was Avon Simply Pretty Kajal. It comes in only 1 shade- Black, matt and intense. I line my upper-lids with it after priming and powdering my lids and the kajal stays on for 3+ hours. I am happy to declare that this kajal don't fade off soon and also it doesn't smudge off.
              But after the said 3 hours it fades off leaving a light-blackish vague line on my upper-lid, I must say that I am much impressed by this kajal. But when applied to my waterline it fades off soon leaving a line on the roots of my lower lashes. It wears off before the first hour of application and needs to be reapplied time and again- it sucks, also it smudges if I don't add a dash of powder below my lower-lashes. But otherwise it stays put till I remove it with a makeup remove from the roots of my lower lash line. Line on the upper-lid is easily removed by my Pond's Daily Face Wash.

Pros:- Cheap, comes in a pencil so I can keep sharpening it to make its tip pointed whenever necessary and in the process avoid contamination, intense black, easily glides on so no need to tug or swipe over and again. No irritation ( I have sensitive eyes)

Cons:- Ingredients not listed, smudges- but all kajals do, 3-4 swipes needed on my waterline.

                      I rate this product 3 out of 5 only because the ingredients of this kajal are not listed. Otherwise its a steal at INR 79 and I already have 2 pencils with me right now. Its not a must buy for me because I would rather prefer experimenting with another brand :-D

8 comments:

Ansh said...

i have this one too. never really used on waterline much

beautydiva said...

@vanity- thanks for stopping by. you could give it a try... behaves decently on waterline also :)

Nivedita said...

I got the other pencils from Avon. but did not like them that much. Since you say its smudgeproof I would give this a try next time because thats the main issue with me while buying an eye pencil

indianmakeupways said...

have never used the avon kajal.thanks for the review

beautydiva said...

@nivedita- yes other one is not that good. you could try this out... its good enough :)

beautydiva said...

@Anju- avon is a nice brand... its worth a try. :)

RoseofSharron said...

I love my eyes dark too and love kajal on a daily basis! I'm always on the look out for new good stuff. thanks for the post! I like stila's kajal and guerlain's kajal.

Beautydiva said...

@sharron:- yes for me also kajal completes my look. Sadly Stila and guerlain are not available in India :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...