My Lovely Followers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

BIOTIQUE ALMOND KAJAL- SWATCHES & REVIEW

Biotique Almond Kaajal- Swatches & Review

3 gms for INR 100 (approx)

Company Says:- This natural blend prepared in traditional Ayurvedic method improves your vision and promotes the growth of eye lashes. Made from natural extracts. You can apply this Kaajal everyday to add sparkle to your eyes. Pure Sesame Oil, Sweet Almond Oil along with extracts of Eclipta Alba and Indian Gooseberry nourish the eye area.

Ingredients:-
Almond Oil- 10%
Triphala Extracts- 5%
Mulethi Extracts- 2%
Kapoor- 2%
Netranjan- 5%
Kaajal- 2%
Ointment- Q.S.

My Opinion:- I love to wear kajal all the time and keep on experimenting with various brands. I have learnt 1 thing about kajal in the long run is that it smudges- sometimes immediately and sometimes a little later. This Biotique kajal is no exception, it smudges immediately after applying. If I powder the area around my eyes then this kajal stays on for not more than 30 mins without getting smudged. It is satiny and intense black and glides on very effortlessly. That is 1 factor I love about this kajal. Biotique kajal is fully ayurvedic and contains natural ingrdients like Almond Oil and Sesame Oil. This is another factor I love about this kajal. It glides on my lid very easily and also lines my waterline easily in a single swipe. I like this kajal for many reasons but the only reason I could not make it my HG kajal is that it smudges like hell and gives me raccoon eyes. In an hour it makes me look like a panda =D It doesn't irritate my eyes and gives a cool feeling upon application, this is because of the presence of Kapoor. Hope Biotique does something about this smudging problem.

Pros:- Ayurvedic, contains natural ingredients, affordable, easy to remove, 5 years shelflife

Cons:- Cheap looking packaging, smudges a little too much, lasting power too bad

                     I rate this product 3 out of 5. No I am never repurchasing this Kaajal ever again.

12 comments:

rakhshanda said...

Nice review:)) As far as herbal Kajals are concerned i think Lotus kajals are the best...isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I dont lik this kajal ..I dont no wat afta a few min later i start tearing :S

Nivedita said...

Everyone has been going gaga over this. Good that you ointed out this MAJOR drawback for which I avoid Kajals

Ansh said...

thanks for telling..i'll avoid this now

Tanveer said...

This was the first kajal I tried & I just hated it - it did manage to turn me off kajal for a pretty long time.. :(

Unknown said...

it smudges horribly :( but it is very easy to apply as it glides very smoothly but due to its smudging I'm not able to apply it :( they should really do something about it...

Poohkie said...

I have this too, but the newer black packaging, which is better looking. But the quality is the same - not too great.

indianmakeupways said...

kaajal always smudges to a certain extent but u r rt! when it smudges beyond a limit its kinda irritating. no one wants to look panda eyed!

beautydiva said...

@rakhshanda- thanks, you are correct lotus is the best amongst herbal kaajals....totally agree with you :)

@shugra- my friend shares your complaint but i dont get any irritation...lucky me :D

beautydiva said...

@nivedita- smudges and smears like hell :(

@vanity- welcome dear :)

@tanveer- puts me off too :s

beautydiva said...

@swati- totally agree with you, biotique should improve it.

@poohkie- yes quality is still the same only appearance is changed

@anju- you know it gives a blackish look to the entire face when smudging too much. my mom says it makes me look sick :p

Unknown said...

It smudges very badly.when it does it gives u the monjolika look.very terrific product.can't even stay for 30 mins.what i like of this product is its dark color in one stroke.I brought this product and apply once and just thrown into dustbin on next very day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...