My Lovely Followers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

ELLE 18 LIP SMOOTHIE- SWATCHES N REVIEW

ELLE 18 LIP SMOOTHIE- SWATCHES N REVIEW

9 ml for INR 80

Company Says:- Deliciously beautiful lips in yummy fruit flavors. Smooth, glossy and super kissable.

Ingredients:- Cocoa Butter is the only ingredient listed in the tube.

My Opinion:- With all the hype going on about Elle 18 Color Bombs, I immediately got a few products when they were made available in Delhi. This Lip Smoothie is 1 of the many products I bought from that range. Mine is a shade called Peach Afterglow and it gives my lips a peachy nude glow which stays put for an hour or 2. But when I first applied this Lip Smoothie on my lips, I got a burning sensation which was not serious though. The intensity of the sensation kept on decreasing with time and within the next 20-25 mins it was completely gone.
                    It was so uncomfortable wearing it on my bare lips so I decided to wear a lip balm under the lip smoothie. But my plan failed and still I had the problem of a burning/stinging feeling on my lips. Hence I have stopped using this product and returned back to my old fav glosses. Though it cost me only INR 80-85, its a total waste for me. Actually it stings/burns more than most plumpers do. It gives a good shine and I love the nude glow it gives my lips. But then sadly its a big no no for me :(

Pros:- None except the lovely nude look it gives my lips.

Cons:- It dried out my lips with every application, caused burning sensation on my lips, it gets accumulated at the corners of my lips.

            I rate this product 1.5 out of 5 and this I am giving only because I love the shade so much. Its a total waste for me. Do read the reviews of other bloggers before deciding on this lip smoothie.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

d color is very pretty..bt too bad it stings :(

Nivedita said...

I have this one. Its stings a bit too but nothing like I would be put off with. I did not experience drying factor and it rather plumped up my lips. From the sign you say , you might be allergic to it

beautydiva said...

@Bhumika- yup I like the color too much, I am a die hard nude lips fan and this lip smoothie gives me a peachy nude look but it stings for long :( Thanks

beautydiva said...

@Nivedita- Actually the allergic reaction plumps up the lips. Ingredients list is not available and it stings much more than most plumpers I have used or still using. But I love the color soooo much :( Thanks dear

Ansh said...

thanks for leeting me know not to buy this!!

beautydiva said...

@Vanity- Hey Babe, dont decide by reading my review only. Do read reviews by other bloggers also. But then it does sting my lips a lot :(

indianmakeupways said...

color looks awesome.too bad that the negatives r just too much :(

beautydiva said...

@Anju- Really love the color. But cant bear it , agree with you. :( Thanks

KritiDS said...

OMG!!
i LOVED IT!!
SERIOUSLY...
I M GOING TO TRYY THIS OUT!!

Beautydiva said...

@Kriti- Thanks, I too like the shade :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...