My Lovely Followers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

ELLE 18 EYE SPARKLER- SWATCHES & REVIEW

ELLE 18 EYE SPARKLERS- SWATCHES & REVIEW

1.5 gms for INR 80

Ingredients:- Only Almond is listed, rest are not known.

Shelf life is 24 months from the date of packaging.

My Opinion:- I love blue on my eyes and that's the reason I picked up the blue from this range. These pencils glide on easily without tugging and pulling my eyelids. Though the blue is not a brightly pigmented shade, its subtle and I like that. A couple of swipes are required for a decently colored line. It smudges immediately if my eyelids are not primed but when I use a primer on my eyelids the line would stay on for about 30 mins and then start fading and become much lighter. But without a proper base the color starts fading, smudging and getting smeared. It also creases if used as shadow but then I am not the one to surrender so soon. So now I top it up or simply smudge it with a similar blue shadow. And I am liking the blue shade so much that half of the pencil is now gone :D Right now I am planning to get the green and purple ones.

Pros:- Available in pretty shades
Very Cheap
Packaging also very girlie and attractive
Easy to sharpen

Cons:- Smudges and Creases like hell
Stings like hell if used on the waterline

                   I rate this product 3 out of 5 and I am about to get the green and purple ones.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was searching for these wen I was in india but culdnt find any ..I want to try them out :D

beautydiva said...

@shugraa- yes me too got them pretty late as these were available in delhi around oct/nov'10. Email me your address and I will send them to you ;) :D

Unknown said...

awww..sad if it smudges n creases..I wud stay away.thanks for the review..

beautydiva said...

@bhumika- yes it smudges as well as creases :( But I like the colors... good for experimenting :D

ilovefashion said...

Hey nice blog!
I'm your new follower, please check out my blog & follow me back :)

xoxo
http://nazoii.blogspot.com/

indianmakeupways said...

the color really looks great. too bad that it cant be used on waterline

beautydiva said...

@ilovefashion- thanks I will follow you back :D

beautydiva said...

@anju- Yup thats sad :( But at INR 80 I never had much expectations from this pencil.

j said...

These are really cheap at 80.What other colors do they have?

beautydiva said...

@Sonia- these pencils comes in 5 shades- grey, silver, green, purple and blue. And these are actually INR 85 but I got them for INR 80. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

i jst got myself a grey one.they look really cute...but please tell me how to sharpen them?

beautydiva said...

@anonymous- you can use a duo sharpener to sharpener to sharpen it. lakme, oriflame, avon, faces all are good options. thanks :)

Anonymous said...

thnx :)
are these sharpners available in all sizes?i have a fat kajal stick too..i was wondering if i cd use 1 fr dat as wel...wat say?n is it mch trouble cutting thru d plastic cover?n another question i broke d cap,how can i get a replacemnt?sorry 4 bothering u :-/ take cre. :)

beautydiva said...

@anonymous- yes these sharpeners are actually 2 different sized sharpener attached in 1, a sharpnr for normal size and another sharpnr for jumbo pencils. ohh yes they cut through all materials the pencils come in. About the cap, either use an old cap from a pen if it fits or ask for a spare cap at the cosmetics counter. Please refer to the review of lakme duo sharpnr in my blog once. You will get an idea. Thanks for being here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...