My Lovely Followers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

MAYBELLINE DREAM MOUSSE BLUSH- SOFT PLUM- SWATCHES, PICS & REVIEW

5.75 gms for INR 190

Company Says:-
• Air-whipped mousse blush feels satin-soft on skin, glides on smoothly, and blends easily for seamless color and a natural finish
• Long-wearing formula provides luminous, long-lasting color on cheeks without clogging pores

For Best Results:- With your fingertips, pat a small amount of blush onto the apples of your cheeks. Use feathery strokes to blend gently from your cheekbones to your temples. To build color intensity, apply more blush.


Ingredients:-







My Opinion:-
                 This is the first blush that I am going to review on my blog as it holds a special place in my heart. We need a blush to warm up our look and define our cheekbones and to add a healthy glow to our faces. This blush has stayed with me for nearly 2 years and still its in great shape. The first thing I love about this blush is its packaging. It comes in a cute little glass jar and that's the sole reason why I purchased it. The glass jar is sturdy enough not to break when hitting the floor. The lid is the same color as the blush inside.

                When I opened the lid, I was put off by the odour of ink. Later when I applied the blusher to my skin, the odour was gone immediately. And also the smell is not unbearable, why do I need to take a whiff of everything I don't understand :P Another thing which created a problem is taking out a little blush from the tub without dipping my nails in it (I have long nails on both hands) but I fixed the problem soon. Either I use the back of a brush, a brush or a toothpick to take out the required quantity of blush from the tub.

                The blush is truly said to be air whipped and is extremely light. It doesn't feel heavy like a cream blush and blends into the skin like a dream. A little goes a long way since I need just a small quantity of blush to get the required amount of color. It is very well pigmented and is extremely buildable. This thing feels like silk when rubbed between fingers. Feels satiny to the touch after applying on my skin. This blush doesn't emphasize the dry spots (my skin turns combination during winters).

                Though the shimmer in it looks kind of cheap, it didn't break me it or caused any other skin problem. This Dream Mousse stays on my skin for about 3-3 1/2 hours in winters but in the summers it last only for 2- 2 1/2 max. Its just fades off and I have to touch up my makeup from time to time. The glitter in this blush is not very chunky and I personally don't mind wearing it during the day also. My friend suggested using this blush in a very unique way. Add a tiny amount of this Dream Mousse blush to your body lotion, apply to your arms and legs and shiny away. This will give a sexy sheen perfect for nights out or special occasions.

Pros:-
¤ Blends like a dream
¤ Buildable
¤ Affordable
¤ Cute packaging
¤ Very light weight

Cons:-
¤ Smells like ink :P
¤ Looks like the mousse is made of cheap quality (just a feeling)
¤ Comes in a jar so its difficult to take it out without dipping my nail, also I need to sanitize my hands/fingers before using this blush.
¤ All shades are not available in all places
¤ Lasting power is not good on my oily skin

                I rate this product 4 out of 5 inspite of the 5 cons. I love the color and texture of this blush and love the way it looks on my skin.
5.75 gms for INR 190

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it... I use it on ma cheek bones as a highlighter :D.... bcoz the color i got is a satin peach. sooo its very light for my skin...

beautydiva said...

@shugra- love it. I already have peachy blushes so didnt buy satin peach. Thanks :)

indianmakeupways said...

cool review. I have tried this blush from my sister....but never quite liked it. but my sis loves it. cool that it works for u

beautydiva said...

@anju- blends like a dream and i need only a tiny bit so its going on on. Just love it. Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...