My Lovely Followers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

LOTUS HERBALS WHITEGLOW OATMEAL & YOGURT SKIN WHITENING SCRUB- SWATCH & REVIEW


Exfoliates & Brightens Skin for a Healthy Glow

For All skin Types

100 gms for INR 165

Company Says:- Whiteglow Oatmeal & Yogurt Skin Whitening Scrub exfoliates the skin gently, removes dirt, impurities, blackheads and whiteheads leaving your skin brighter and healthier with a shining glow.

The gentle exfoliating action works on skin discoloration, dull and uneven skin tones and softens the skin giving you a firmer skin texture.

Oatmeal exfoliates gently, restores the natural moisture balance of the skin and yogurt moisturizers and lightens the skin reducing imperfections giving you silky, smooth and brighter skin.

Active Ingredients:- Oatmeal & Milk Yogurt

Directions:- Gently apply the scrub on moistened skin with brisk circular movements on the face and neck. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Use twice a week for brighter and luminous skin. Follow with Whiteglow Yogurt Radiance Mask for best result.



Ingredients:- D.M. Water, Glyceryl Monostearate, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Polyethylene Granules, Avena Sativa Meal (Oatmeal) Powder, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid,Light Liquid Paraffin, Yogurt Powder, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, 2-Phenoxyethanol, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Alpha-Arbutin, Fragrance

My Opinion:-
This is a much requested review, so I thought I should do it today. Actually I have used it since it was launched about 8 months back. The price was Rs 145 but its Rs 165 now but still its very affordable. Most scrubs don't suit me, makes my skin red :( So its a painstaking job to try out new scrubs and then realize that it doesn't suit me. Lotus Herbals is 1 of my favorite brands and when I heard/read about this Whiteglow range, I immediately bought it.

The packaging is tube with a nozzled outlet for non-messy dispensing of the scrub with screw on silver plastic lid.The texture is very creamy but light and the granules are also very fine, though I suspect that the granules are not of oatmeal but that's just a guess. The scrub is white in color and looks like a blob of whipped cream with fine granules. The fragrance of this scrub is refreshing but I can't relate it to anything in particular. Its sweet enough for anybody's liking.

I use this scrub about 2-3 days a week and at first I moisten my face and then apply the scrub in dots and start to gently massage it onto my skin. The quantity in the swatch pic is enough for my face, neck , neck and hands. A little is enough and you don't need blobs and blobs of scrub for your skin.

I get instantly radiant and bright skin and all the dullness and roughness of my skin is gone. It evens out the skin tone with regular usage. It takes proper care of whiteheads and blackheads but not the stubborn ones. My skin is oily but turns to combination in winters, and this scrub works for me at all times. I have whiteheads and tiny blackheads at the corners of my nose but they are not stubborn. It makes my skin softer and gives it a glow that lasts for about a couple of days.

This is one rare scrub that didn't turn my skin red even after I scrubbed for 2-4 mins. This scrub didn't make my skin feel stretchy and dry. It is suited for all skin types since its creamy but doesn't doesn't make my skin oilier. Its one of the best scrubs I have ever used, so I have crowned it my Holy Grail Scrub. I have bought it thrice till now :)




Pros:-
* Very creamy
* Not very abrasive/gritty like the regular apricot scrub
* Very gentle on my skin, most scrubs don't suit me
* Doesn't dry out my skin also doesn't make my skin red
* Instantly makes my skin brighter and also removes tan to quite an extent
* Screw on lid ensures safety during travelling

Cons:-
* Contains Paraben, this is not expected from Lotus Herbals who make claims of being 100% natural
* Price increased by Rs 20 in 8 months, still affordable at Rs 165

I rate this Whiteglow Oatmeal & Yogurt Skin Whitening Scrub 4.5 out of 5 (-0.5 for the presence of Parabens). Its my HG Scrub and I have purchase it for 3 times till now. I hope that says it all. Thanks :)

8 comments:

ridsj said...

nice review beauty ... m yet to use this one ..

Anonymous said...

nice review and the product also seems to be really gud. I have a query , and it will be great if you can address it. Is it important to use a facepack after scrubbing?

sunaa said...

sounds promising!!!
nice review

beautydiva said...

@rids- give it a try, its worth it. Thanks :)

beautydiva said...

@anonymous- like i said I use this scrub twice or sometimes thrice a week, I follow it up with the lotus herbals whiteglow mask only once a week. The skin gets all the benefits of the mask after scrubbing so better use a mask after scrubbing. Hope this helps you.
Btw who are you dear? :P
Thanks :)

beautydiva said...

@sunaa- its really a good product. thanks dear :)

indianmakeupways said...

great review. I have used this but sadly it just didn't work for me

beautydiva said...

@anju- sad that this thing didnt work for you, for me didnt hurt my skin or make it red. Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...