My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

AVON ANEW RETROACTIVE REPAIR EYE SERUM- REVIEW


12 ml for INR 429

Company Says:- * Now, reverse the visible- and invisible- signs of aging around the eyes. New Rejuvi-Cell Repair Technology fights the signs of aging- before they show.

* Instantly, revitalizes and softens the appearance of under-eye shadows.

* With continued use, diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, reduces puffiness. And makes the eye area look dramatically younger.

To Use:- Use twice daily, in the morning and at night. Dispense a small amount onto fingertip and gently smooth onto under-eye area, brow bone and eyelids.

Shelf life is 3 years

Ingredients:- Not listed

My Opinion:-
I am an insomniac and hence I get under eye dark circles often. I hate these circles around my eyes as they make me look older and gives a dull look to my face. Concealers are a good option in hiding these circles but eye care products are also equally good at treating them. Last time I used an eye cream from VLCC and it gave good results. So this time I thought of using the much talked about Avon Anew Retroactive Repair Eye Serum. I love Avon products because they are so effective and affordable.

The packaging is a long slim bottle with a pump dispenser which enables to control the amount of product I need. The pump is blue-grey plastic so also is the cap which shut thight. One full pump is enough for both eyes, I have been using it for more than a month now and not even half of the product is gone. The serum is iridescent which serves no purpose I suppose. It doesn't have any fragrance which is a plus point for many people.

I use it all around the eyes but only at nights after cleansing my face. It did nothing for the dark circles so I started using it during the day as well. Still there wasn't any difference but it did brighten the eye area to some extent. Nothing more than that :( It feels a little sticky if I apply too much of the serum or if I didn't blend it well. But the plus point is that this eye serum reduced puffiness if any and it also soothed my eyes. But be cautious not to get it into your eyes, stings like hell.

Then it so happened that mom suggested that I use it as an eye makeup primer. I tried and I was surprised when I saw eye shadow colors pop. Thanks Mom xoxo Also the shadows and pencil liners stayed on longer and didn't crease or smudge easily.

This Eye Serum did nothing for my dark circles but it didn't go as a complete waste since I am using it as a base/primer for my eye makeup. The packaging is completely hygienic and travel friendly. But the price is little on the higher side and it didn't do whatever it claimed.

Pros:-

* Pump dispenser is hygienic and it can also control the amount of product needed

* Iridescent pearly liquid is appealing

* Reduces puffiness and slightly brightens the eye area

* Eye shadow and eye pencils colors pop and stays for long

Cons:-

* Didn't do whatever the company claimed about it

* Feels sticky if too much is used or not massaged into the skin'properly

* Price is high compared to its effectiveness

* My dark circles remains untouched :(

* Stings very much if it gets into the eyes

* The glass bottle is thick but it might break if it falls

I rate this Avon Anew Rectroactive Repair Eye serum 2.5 out of 5 as it didn't live up to its claim and also because of the price and glass packaging. Girls please don't waste your money on this Eye Serum and kindly invest in better products. Thanks and have a good day :)

8 comments:

M. said...

429 for not working is too much!

Poohkie said...

I have this too, but I got it on a large discount. Too bad it doesn't work though :( I'll buy VLCC instead.

beautydiva said...

@emm- Yup very sad and I would get a decent eye makeup primer for that price. I am using Fabindia Under Eye Gel right now, hope it works. Thanks :)

beautydiva said...

@poohkie- Use it up as eye makeup primer :P But I sincerely hope it does something for you. Anyways your money is safe since you got it on a big discount. Wish you luck with this serum. Thanks :)

Gauri said...

I've just ordered this & now I don't want to try it!
x

Unknown said...

I quite liked this serum, i Got this for Rs 199 only But yes for full price that is 429, definitely not worth it

beautydiva said...

@gauri- please refer to the second last page of the Avon catalogue marked '100% Guarantee'- you can return any unused product within 90 days of purchase. Save your money please. Thanks :)

beautydiva said...

@manya- Glad it worked for you, you are right about the price. Thank you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...