My Lovely Followers

Monday, February 6, 2012

DIY/HOMEMADE MULTIPURPOSE CREAM


Good Evening girls,
It's freezing right now, and sitting at home and doing nothing is not my cup of tea. So I thought why not share with you all my Mom's secret recipe to a soft and supple skin all through the harsh winters. Her skin never tends to get dry like mine does. Anyways coming back to the cream, my Mom and now me too applies it all over hands, feet/legs and the entire body to be precise. I dare not use it on my face but Mom says its a great cleanser as well. After using it for a couple of weeks now, I totally agree with her. Its a great hand cream cum foot cream cum body cream for the ones with dry skin like mine. Now the recipe follows:

Ingregeints:-
Pond's Cold Cream- 2 Tbspn
Almond Oil- 3 Tspn
Glycerin- 1 1/2 Tspn
Rose water- 1 Tspn or less
Essential Oil- 1-2 drops (I use lavender oil)
Empty Tub to store the cream

Method:-
Take Pond's Cold Cream and put it in the tub, add the glycerin and mix well. Now add the almond oil little by little and keep mixing. Finally add the rose water and essential oil and stir till you get your cream mixed well. Its ready to use.

You can also add coconut oil if you like to instead of almond oil. This cream takes good care of dry skin specially hands, feet, arms & legs. It also improves the condition of the cuticles with prolonged use. After you prepare this cream once, you can adjust the quantity of the ingredients to suit your needs. And also I would like to state that I never used it on my face to massage or to clean off makeup, so I would not be able to tell you anything regarding that. I use it at night before hitting the bed all over my body and hands and feet.









































































































Hope you enjoy reading and preparing the recipe. Do leave behind your precious comments. Thank you so much for reading this post and have a great day ahead :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds easy to prepare and would give amazing results due to the presence of glycerin :)

beautydiva said...

@shalini- yes its easy and cheap. Works so well as hand and foot cream but I usually wear gloves/socks while sleeping or else my bedsheets get stains. Thank you :)

Lancy said...

Great Recipe :) Will try it about soon. Thank you beauty! :)

Raaga said...

I love ponds cold cream.smells so gud :D THanks for sharing d recipe :)

beautydiva said...

@lancy- very old and super secret recipe of mom. Lol.... I never ever seen her doing all this, I mostly stayed away from home :P Thanks

beautydiva said...

@raaga- Try it out and I promise you wont regret. I wrote this post sometimes back when it was freezing here but forgot to post it. This cream helped me all through the harsh winters. Thanks :)

Unknown said...

hehe...this is really nice :)

beautydiva said...

@swati- lol...really good for the winters :D

Ria said...

Sounds nice and easy to make and use! By the way I am loving the Parachute advansed body lotion that you had reviewed earlier! Really works great as a moisturizer for my skin!

beautydiva said...

@ria- yes its easy & effective. But I am still to review the parachute advansed body lotions, I just previewed them. Review coming up soon. Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...