My Lovely Followers

Saturday, March 31, 2012

HIMALAYA HERBALS REVITALIZING NIGHT CREAM- REVIEW

Nourishes and repairs.
Restores moisture balance.
25 gms for INR 90
Suitable for all skin types.

Company Says: - Throughout the day, your skin is exposed to the damaging effects of pollution, sun-rays, dirt and grime. During night, the body’s restorative mechanism takes over to repair the skin damage caused during the day.

A deep penetrating, daily use cream that has Apple, Lemon and Tomato rich in Natural Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) which revitalize your skin. Wheatgerm, a natural anti-oxidant with Vitamin E protects and moisturizes your skin. Working with the skin cells’ natural regeneration cycle, infusions of White Lily with healing vitamins, provide intensive repair and nourishment throughout the night, so that you wake up with a soft, supple and revitalized skin.

Directions for Use : - Apply on cleansed face and neck each night, when skin is most receptive for repair and renewal. On waking, your skin is soothed, soft and revitalized.

Ingredients: -
Each gm contains: Exts. {Mahanimbu (Citrus grandis), Nimbaka (Citrus limon), Tamatar (Solanum lycopersicum)} 30mg, Seva (Pyrus malus) 30mg, Godhuma (Triticum sativum) 20mg, Ksirakakoli (Lilium polyphyllum) 20 mg.

Inactives: Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.
Ayurvedic Proprietary Medicine. Hypoallergenic.
No harmful chemicals. FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
Store in a cool and dry place.
Do not refrigerate.

My Opinion: - I have been experimenting with different night creams since the day I came to know about its benefits. At one point of time I was not even applying my regular moisturiser on my face at night, most girls use day cream/lotion during night also. Since night creams have become an integral part of my night time beauty regime, I am using Himalaya Herbals Revitalizing Night Cream right now. In short if I have to write this review , then I am happy to say that I have found my HG night cream for the winter months. Though I am yet to find out how this night cream fares in the hot weather. Now coming to the packaging, it’s a big disappointment with the box it comes in. This little carton has a false bottom and so has the white plastic tub which carries the cream. If not checked properly, a person may think that this box/tub contains a large amount of product. Very deceiving on the packaging front I would say. The tub has a protective shield, a foil, to prevent the cream from getting onto the green plastic lid.

                        The fragrance of this cream is very mild floral, nothing very special and I  think girls with sensitive noses will not have any issues with the fragrance. Its utterly light in texture and its more of a gel-lotion type consistency. This is one night cream, which is so light but still effective, I suppose it will suit oily skin very well. Just a small blob is enough for the entire face and neck, and if you somehow apply a little excess of this cream, it sits on your skin just like a mask. But applied in the required amount, this cream penetrates the skin I feel. I don’t have to keep massaging or rubbing the cream on my skin as it absorbs quite quickly.

                        This night cream contains Natural AHAs, which are extremely beneficial for the skin. Also the rest of the ingredient list is impressive except the inactive ingredients (Parabens), never expected this from Himalaya Herbals. Regular use for 3-4 months has given me radiant skin, every morning I wake up with bright, moisturised and soft skin. I can barely say about the regeneration and repair claim but I can vouch for the rest of the claims made by the company. This cream did not break me out and also it did not make by T-zone oilier. It just about balanced the skin well for the cold days, you all know how cold it gets in Del/Ggn. This cream has made me happy with its performance,  inspite of being so cheap. I used 2 tubs of this night cream during the winters and I am yet to finish of the 2nd tub as you can see in the pics.

  Pros: -
·         Extremely affordable
·         Very light and yet highly moisturising
·         Quick absorbing
·         One 25 gm tub goes on for 2 months atleast
·         Impressive ingredients list including natural AHAs
Suits my skin very well during the winter and I am yet to finish off the 2nd tub I bought, still using it in this weather (nearly summer) and it’s working great on my skin
·         Didn’t break me out and gave me brighter skin every morning

Cons: -
·         Himalaya HERBALS  is not expected to use Parabens in their products
·         Deceiving packaging

                                 I rate this Himalaya Herbals Revitalizing Night Cream 4.25 out of 5 (-0.75 for false bottom packaging as well as parabens). This is a very good cream for oily skin but I have doubts regarding its performance on dry skin. It’s a must try product from Himalaya Herbals. Though I love Himalaya products very much, still I will not expect them to use Parabens as they claim to be a Herbal company.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this review, please do leave behind your precious comments and also do tell us your experience with this night cream if you have used it. Thank you and do have a great 5th Saturday and happy March ending ahead :D

10 comments:

Lancy said...

Great review :) I was about to get this. Happy to know that it suits oily skin :) thanks for the lovely review beauty!!

ridsj said...

this is my HG night cream ..works great for my skin tone ...

beautydiva said...

hey lancy, good to know that you loved the review. Thank you babe :)

beautydiva said...

Nice to know that its your HG night cream, Riddhi. I love it too. Thanks :)

The Bharatiya said...

really useful, before purchasing this cream

Himalaya herbal said...

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?

Anonymous said...

Parabenes like methylparaben n propylparaben are used as preservatves. Thy are inactives...that is thy are nt a part of the cream that affcts u... Infct thy cn be xtrctd fm natural sources too n DO NOT cause any ill effect on ur skin/body. Thy drain off frm ur body the same way as many othr things...and are water soluble... Not lyk silicones that r hrmful n non soluble. Food preservative class parabenes are used. N also there is no scientific proof tht thy in crems cause breast cancer.... So hmalaya..thumbs uppp...

stilbonmadhuri said...

Himalaya Herbals

Himalaya herbals are older and rich with ayurvedic medicine from ancient period and it is too rich and famous for epic era. Himalaya herbals provide various types of cosmetic, medicinal, food products.

Anonymous said...

thanks for your revieve.I was looking for the night cream for myself you made me confident to use this cream
ss

JatinGuliani said...

himalaya night cream can really do wonders if used correctly. I really love the products from himalaya as they are made up of natural herbs. I usually buy himalaya products online as their are great offers on it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...