My Lovely Followers

Thursday, April 19, 2012

AVON NATURALS ROSE & ROSE HIPS FAIRNESS FACE WASH- REVIEW


100 ml for INR 149

Company Says: - New Naturals Fairness face wash is a foaming cream face wash that effectively cleanses and refreshes your skin for a white & fair look. After one application, it instantly brightens skin, leaving it look & feel soft & smooth. Overtime, it removes dull, rough skin texture, makes it fair and even toned, with a natural rosy glow.
Contains Rose & Rose Hips Extracts. Rose hips are known to contain Vitamin C, which is known for its skin whitening properties.
Mild & Gentle. Suitable for everyday use.
Allergy Tested. Dermatologist Tested.

To Use: - Apply desired amount onto wet hand and create lather. Gently smooth onto face in a circular motion. Rinse off and pat dry.

Ingredients: - Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, PEG-6, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fragrance, Stearamide AMP, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract.

My Opinion: - It’s a must for me to use a face wash atleast once a day if not twice. I had bought Avon’s naturals rose & rose hips fairness face wash long back, when the range was launched. But since I was using Avon naturals Nourishing Daily Cleanser, so this face wash had to sit and wait for its turn to be used. And now I think it’s the best time to review the face wash since its more than half gone and I have been using it for nearly 2 months.

                          Starting on a good note, I should say that I quite like the fragrance of this face wash, it smells of fresh roses. It’s really refreshing to use it first thing in the morning. Coming to the packaging, it’s a white long tube with pink roses imprinted on it, looks so pretty. The flip top lid shuts tight but since the tube is so long, about 7 inches, I had problems carrying it around with me in my purse. But I can definitely say that its safe for travelling.

                       The consistency of this white face wash is thick, very much like the Pond’s White Beauty DailySpot-less Lightening Cream and the texture is soft creamy. A small blob is enough for the face and neck, I add a little water to it and it foams wells. This face wash does not leave behind any residue on my skin and this is the main factor why I am in love with this face wash right now. It is very gentle on my skin and I think it would suit all skin types. After washing it off with water, it gives me squeaky clean skin and does not give that much dreaded slippery feeling.

                      This face wash has not dried out my skin, its mild enough to be used during a break out. I recently broke out badly and instead of using Cetaphil Cleanser and Oriflame Soothing Face wash, I used this face wash and it didn’t harm my skin in any way. Luckily my skin has cleared up now but I continued using face wash and it has given me radiant skin after each use. It effectively brightens up my skin and controls oil to some extent, don’t know how it will fare in the summers when my skin is at its oiliest.

                     The only bad point with this product is that it contains SLS, also the tube is long enough not to fit in small purses. Apart from this, it’s a great face wash which cleans off all make-up (except waterproof mascaras), dirt and grime with ease. A face wash is supposed to cleanse effectively and this particular does it with elan, so what can I expect more. And the fairness claim is a marketing gimmick used by companies to attract us, though I can say that this face wash really brightens up the face.

Pros: -
  • Fragrance is mild and pleasant, not heavy at all
  • 100 ml for Rs 149 is very affordable
  • Very little product is needed for each use
  • Foams well, many of us like this quality in a face wash
  • Doesn’t leave behind any residue and that unbearable slippery feeling on the skin
  • Makes the skin squeaky clean, also gives bright & radiant look
  • Does not dry out my skin even if I use it 2-3 times a day
  • Cleans off makeup, dirt & grime very effectively
  • Tube packaging makes it hygienic and convenient to use

Cons: -

  • Contains SLS
  • Tube is long so it might not fit into most purses
  • Fails to wash off waterproof mascara

                           I rate this Avon Naturals Rose & Rose Hips Fairness Face Wash 4.25 out of 5, I have deducted 0.75 points for the 3 cons :P . This is a good product from Avon and I love it right now. Recommended to all girls since it’s on discount right now if I am not wrong. Thank you all for reading this post and have a great day ahead.

3 comments:

Gauri said...

Avon did it again, the review is amazing!

beautydiva said...

@gauri- thank you so much :)

Anonymous said...

What is SLS ?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...