My Lovely Followers

Friday, April 13, 2012

AVON SOLUTIONS a.m. Maximum Moisture Day Cream -SPF 15- REVIEW


50 gms for INR 390

Company Says: - This protective Day Moisturizer SPF 15 is developed with an advanced UV Defense Technology. It is formulated to protect skin from UV damage and environmental stressors like sun exposure and pollution. Broad-spectrum SPF 15 works to shield skin from harmful sunrays while powerful anti-oxidant Vitamin C helps counteract skin-damaging free radicals throughout the day.

To Use: - In the morning, smooth over cleansed face and throat. Apply evenly before sun exposure and as needed. Children under 6 months of age: ask a doctor.
Non-comedogenic. Allergy Tested.
Shelf life is 3 years.

Ingredients: - Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Benzophenone-3, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, PEG 40 Stearate, Lauryl Lactate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycine Soja (Soyabean) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tromethamine, Beeswax, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Choleth-24, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Ceceth-24, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, BHT, Panthenol, Simmondisa Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Squalene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylparaben, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ester, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Hexylene Glycol, DNA

My Opinion: - A moisturizer is an essential part of my daily skin care routine, and if the moisturiser comes with sun protection then it is a plus point. Today I am reviewing Avon’s Solutions a.m. Maximum Moisture Day Cream with SPF 15. I have used this cream for the entire winters and am satisfied with it. During the winters my oily skin turns into combination skin, and my cheeks are a little dry if I don’t take proper care of my skin. So after 10-15 mins of serious discussion with the Avon lady, I placed an order for this day cream as she assured me that its light weight and not greasy if used in right proportions. Reluctantly I started using it and ended up using this day cream for the entire winters we had to face in Gurgaon.

                          Now coming back to the review, this day cream comes in a heavy glass jar with a white plastic screw on lid which is very basic, nothing special about the packaging. And also it comes boxed, in a white and blue cardboard box. It has a protective thin plastic lid when the main white plastic lid is unscrewed. The fragrance of this cream is just like hair gels, it’s not very strong though. After application, the smell/scent/fragrance of this moisturizing cream lingers on for few minutes before fading off. Girls with sensitive skin are requested to stay away from this product.

                          This white cream is light weight in consistency and soft creamy in texture. This cream gives out a feeling on first look that it might be a very heavy and greasy moisturizer but it is not. But then if applied too much, it really gives a greasy feel to the skin and sits on top of the skin. It gives that uncomfortable feel and look of a greasy-sticky day cream, so only 4 dots on my face and 4 on my neck was my final decision. I stuck to this 4 dots method and was happy with the moisture it gave my skin.

                             Another problem is that if applied a little more than required, then it gives a white cast look to the skin and in pics one might end up looking like a ghost. Only 8 small dots did it all so I can say a little goes a long way. I used this cream for the entire winters and couldn’t use the whole tub up; still I got 1/4th of the product still left in the tub. This tub is travel friendly but needs careful handling as it’s made of glass. I did not break out while using this cream and also it did not make my t zone oilier.

                                This moisturizing day cream contains SPF 15 so I didn’t have to bother about slathering an additional sunscreen on my face. Apart from moisturizing it did nothing at all and also I didn’t expect it do anything else. It contains some ingredients which impressed me- vitamin c, jojoba oil, soyabean oil, eucalyptus leave extract; lupin seed extract which is an excellent skin conditioner and green coffee seed oil which is also excellent for cell renewal and elasticity of the skin.

Pros: -
·         Moisturized my combination skin well without making the t zone oilier
·         Contains SPF 15, vitamin c, jojoba oil, soyabean oil, green coffee seed oil, white lupin and eucalyptus leave extracts
·         Didn’t break me out, give me soft and smooth skin
·         Dimethicone in this cream makes it great as a base for makeup

Cons: -
·         I could have laid my hands on a better day cream for the price of Rs 390
·         Excess use gives greasy-sticky look/feel
·         Fragrance will be a turn off for many girls
·         Heavy glass jar, might break if it slips off hands
·         Unhygienic and inconvenient packaging
·         Avon’s Maximum Moisture range is for dry skin people but I don’t think this day cream will do much for dry skin but I can surely say that it is good for normal and combination types of skin
·         Contains parabens and carbomers

                           

 I rate this Avon Solutions a.m. Maximum Moisture Day Cream 3.75 out of 5. It’s just an average product from Avon, nothing too good or too bad about it. If you still want to try this out then please wait till it’s on sale. Hope you guys liked the post, do leave behind your precious comments. Thank you and do have a great weekend ahead :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This particular product has been discontinued for a long time. It was replaced with the Ageless Results.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...