My Lovely Followers

Sunday, June 9, 2013

OLAY TOTAL EFFECTS 7 IN ONE CREAM + SERUM DUO SPF 15- REVIEW

Most Effective Total Effects Formula That Fights 7 Signs Of Ageing






























20 g for INR 369


Company Says: -
* Why is Total Effects Cream + Serum Duo right for you?

This is Total Effects most concentrated moisturising formula, with SPF 15. It combines the Total Effects moisturizer you love PLUS an intense serum to fight 7 signs of ageing.


* The Result?

Visibly younger looking skin.


* Dermatologically tested

* Non-greasy formula
































































Total Effects Fights 7 Signs of Ageing:


1. Fine lines and Wrinkles: reduces the appearance of fine line and wrinkles.

2. Uneven Tone: balances and evens out skin tone.

3. Age Spots:reduces appearance of age spots.

4. Uneven Texture: smoothes and evens out skin texture.

5. Dryness: provides nourishing moisturisation.

6. Dullness: gives skin radiance

7. Pores: minimizes the appearance of pores.


Directions: Apply liberally and gently smooth onto your face and neck. 

Warning: Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.



NOTICED THE MARBLEIZED OFF-WHITE YELLOW EFFECT??



























Ingredients: - Listing for White & Yellow Stream: Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Salicyclate, Homosalate, Niacinamide, Tapioca Starch, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Octocrylene, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acetyl Glucosamine, Dimethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Stearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Benzyl Alcohol, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide, Isohexadecane, Methylparaben, Nylon-12, Dimethiconol, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylparaben, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Fragrance, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium PEG-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Stearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Benzyl Salicyclate, Alpha-
isomethyl Ionone,. CI 77492(for yellow stream only)





























My Opinion: - I was chosen by BlogAdda to review Olay Total Effects 7 in One  Cream + Serum Duo. I received it about 10-12 days back and today I am reviewing it. I have been using Olay Total Effects 7 in One Day Cream with a touch of Foundation SPF 15 and liking it a lot, I can best describe it as a light-weight Tinted Moisturiser. So I was very enthusiastic about using this Cream + Serum. The packaging is a convenient cylindrical see through  plastic can with a black pump dispenser and a golden collar around the pump. The cap is clear plastic and it closes with a click which means it is safe to be carried around in my purse. But I would prefer a normal tube packaging over a pump dispenser as these have backfired on me :/

























                         The fragrance is mild but sweet, kind of floral which I don't think will irritate sensitive noses. The texture is soft and creamy and the consistency is that of a light-weight cream. I was skeptical when I pumped out the cream for the first time, it looked very thick and heavy. But to my surprise, this Olay Cream + Serum is light on my skin and does not make my skin oily or greasy, on the contrary it gives a velvety glow to my skin. In air-conditioned environment my skin looks fresh for about 5-6 hours but in a non air-conditioned environment my skin feels a little greasy and gets shiny after about 4 hours, so I can say this cream fairs well on my oily skin. This cream + serum contains SPF 15 which is quite low but that's also an added advantage for many lazy people.

























                      I wash my face with a face wash, then I use a toner and then I use this cream + serum on my face on dots, just a single pump is enough for my face and neck. I massage it gently on my skin and it easily spreads and get absorbed into my skin in a couple of minutes, this cream  serum does not sit on top of my skin. I use a foundation/bb cream on top of it after say 5 mins but at times I just wear this cream + serum alone with a light dusting of loose powder. Ofcourse I have to touch up post lunch but that's it. I sweat profusely upon applying this cream but it gets absorbed into my skin, the sweating is gone and my skin feels smooth and silky to the touch (no I am not a Narc :P and don't keep touching my face). This cream is easily to blend into the skin and one full pump is what is required for my face and neck. So I think this meager quantity of 20 gms will last me 30-40 days. The best thing about this cream + serum is that it works well as a makeup base. Foundation glides over it like a dream, blends well and gives a flawless finish. A cheap makeup base since it also minimizes the ugly pores around my nose and cheeks.




THE SWATCH- ONE PUMP ONLY





















                          Now coming to its 7 claims, 1. fine lines and wrinkles- fortunately I don't have any, so comments, 2. uneven tone- not sure since I am using it since 10-12 days but surely it brightens up the skin, 3. age spots- again no comments since I do not have age spots but I have pimple marks which might fade out with regular use over a longer period of time, 4. uneven texture- gives velvety smooth skin <3, 5. dryness- works as a great moisturiser, gives the required moisture to my oily skin <3, 6. dullness- gives a radiant glow upon application <3, 7. pores- I love how it diminishes my ugly pores <3 and on top of these 7 benefits, it works very well as a makeup base/primer, it way cheaper than bases/primers and the best thing about this cream is that it didn't break me out <3<3<3





Pros:


* Affordable and Easily Available

* Fragrance is sweet and mild

* Gives required moisture to the skin

* Minimizes pores effectively

* Gives a velvety glow to the skin

* Gives a smooth and silky feel

* Brightens up the skin upon application

* A single pump is enough for my full face and neck, hence 20 gm will last me a good 30-40 days

* Works very well as a makeup base

* The packaging is much bigger compared to the contents (20 gms)

* Didn't give me breakouts :)



Cons:


* Pump dispenser might dis-function, tube packaging is more convenient

* Might not provide adequate moisture for dry skin beauties

* Contains Parabens

* SPF 15 is very low sun protection



               I rate Olay Total Effects 7 in One Cream + Serum Duo 4.25 out 5, it's a  good moisturiser and suits my skin well. Didn't break me out and I love the off-white and yellow marbleized pattern the cream and serum creates inside the see through plastic can. Recommended to beauties who appreciate a soft and smooth skin



Hope this review helped you in some and do leave behind your sweet comments and also share with us your experience with Olay products. Thank you and have a great Sunday :)

"I am trying out Olay Total Effects as a part of the product review program at BlogAdda.com"

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...