My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

COLORBAR FIRST IMPRESSIONS POWDER BRUSH- REVIEW























1 Unit for INR 475

Colorbar Says: - Colorbar Says: - Calling all fashionistas to add some fun to every beauty job that needs to be done. Colorbar Accessories - on serious beauty-duty all day, so you can stay fabulous at work and play. Get, set, gorgeous!

Powder Brush: - Meet the fluffy pouf with oomph! This plump powder brush is a charmer that blends all kinds of powders to give you a camera-ready face every stoke, everyday. The soft, rounded bristles say no to powderiness or caking for a smooth, even finish.































How To Use:

Stroke the brush over powder and tap off excess. Blend well using circular movements - start fro the centre of your face and work outwards. Gently clean the brush by washing with mild shampoo and cold water, rinse and leave to air-dry.






























My Opinion: - Yesterday I reviewed the Picture Perfect Foundation Brush and today I am following suit with Colorbar First Impressions Powder Brush today. Colorbar has done an amazing job with the packaging of these brushes- white chubby handles, black ferrules and bright pink bristles. I went for these brushes just for the pretty, good-looking colorful packaging, they are very attractive!!!! Colorbar has introduced 4 face brushes- foundation brush, powder brush, blush brush & contouring brush and the only face brush with orange bristles is the foundation brush reviewed yesterday. Rest of the face brushes are similar to looking, specially the powder brush and blush brush are very similar.


























                          So coming back to the review, the powder brush is dense but fluffy. The very pretty looking bright pink bristles were scratchy like hell when I first used it. It felt like a jharoo would, on my face, seriously it was that scratchy and rough against my face. But after washing it numerous times week after week it has become a little less scratchy and a tad bit less rough. But no way I can call it a soft brush as it still remains rough and scratchy to some extent. The bristles of the brush are not rounded but more of a flatten type which actually is good for powder application/blending/dusting off, I think. The bristles are 1 1/2 inches long and synthetic and looks like thin strings of plastic/nylon (sorry can't decide)

























                                 Now I have been using this brush since months regularly to blend in my compact and dust off my loose powder. This bristles remains unstained and has retained it original shape after numerous washes. But it did shed upon washing initially but not now. Now the shedding has stopped. This brush is easy to wash and dries off soon, say overnight. That's a good thing since this brush is quite dense. But because it is dense and fluffy it picks up very minimum say required amount of powder in one go and blends it well into my skin. For Rs 475, I never expected a small little bright pink jharoo for my face :P


























Pros:


* Affordable & Easily Available

* Attractive packaging with reusable zip-lock pack

* Easy to wash

* Dries fast

* There was initial shedding while washing but later on it stopped

* After numerous washes, the bristles still retains the original shape

* Picks up required amount of product



























Cons:


* Bristles are Scratchy & Rough on my skin

* The deep pink color of the bristles bleeds while washing

* Shedding of bristles was seen in the beginning



                   I rate Colorbar First Impressions Powder Brush 3.5 out of 5, I deliberately called it a pretty pink jharoo. Do I need to say anything else!!!! Other than looks, nothing else is appreciable about this brush. I hate giving such low rating to a product from one of my fave brands. I love Colorbar as a brand and max products are hits with me but these brushes I couldn't bear :(



Hope this review helped you in some way and do leave behind your sweet comments and also tell us about your favorite Powder Brush. Thank you and have a great day ahead :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

rough & color sheds??

not again! uff!

beautydiva said...

@Revathy Hnb- rough..scratchy...bleeds.... all of the qualities...lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...