My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

LAKME FRESH FAIRNESS CLEAN UP FACE SCRUB- REVIEW





























With Vitabeads

50g for INR 110

Lakme Says: - Salon-Like* Clean-Up Now Everyday At Home!
# Its Vitabeads & natural exfoliants are known to unclog pores to help remove blackheads, dead cells & excess oil for deeply clean, fresh & fair skin.

#Professional Tip: Use the complete 3 STEP Lakme Fresh Fairness CLEAN UP  regularly.

Refers to basic products used in salon clean ups


Your skin is currently shedding cells, which leads to a build-up of dead cell and dull-looking skin. Scrub your face with Lakme Clean-up Fresh Fairness Face Scrub that exfoliates dead cells and removes excess oil. Enriched with Vitabeads, walnut shell powder and apricot extracts, it helps unclog pores, remove blackheads and restore your skin's fairness.(Taken from Lakme Website)































**Vitabeads are composed of Vitamin E,C & B3 to lighten skin tone**



Usage: Wet face. Take a generous amount and gently massage for 2-5 minutes in circular motion with fingertips avoiding the eye contour. Rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry.

Caution: Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact rinse thoroughly with clear water.


Ingredients: - Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Walnut Shell Powder, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine, Glycery Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, PEG 100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Polysorbate-60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide, Perfume, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Niacinamide, CI 17200, PPG-2, Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, DMDM, Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

































My Opinion: - After the Face Wash, now comes the scrub. The packaging is same pretty pink tube with opalescent screw-on cap and so I can carry it along while travelling without the risk of spillage or mess. The fragrance is fake floral but mild. I somehow associate it with bleach, I don't know why. The scrub is a thick creamy paste with medium sized granules which are not very abrasive but not very smooth either. The scrub is a milky pink in color and loaded with walnut shell and corn meal particles. This is not the scrub that sensitive skin ladies can use, and if at all you use, use it once a week. I myself being an oily factory don't use it more than once in 5-6 days. This one will be loved by ladies who love their scrub to be a bit on the abrasive side.

































                            I squeeze out a big medium sized blob on the back of my palm and apply dots all over my wet face and neck. Then I gently begin to massage with circular motion all over with fingertips giving the least possible pressure. If you apply too much pressure it is harsh on your skin and if you massage gently it will not harm and redden your skin. This scrub is easy to wash off and the skin looks fresh and radiant after I pat it dry. It doesn't give that horrid stretchy after feel some scrubs/washes give. I always make it a point to follow it up with the Fresh Fairness Clean Up Mask.























                        This Scrub removes  excess oil, dead cells and dirt from the surface of the skin, thereby giving a radiant look. This scrub in combination with the mask has removed a bit of the slight tan I have on me now. The only thing I hate about this scrub apart from the scent is the fake temporary fairness it gives to my skin. It is horrible but it goes away after 30-45 mins or so. This scrub does not remove blackheads as claimed by the brand but I can tell you people that no scrub can remove blackheads, specially the stubborn ones.






















                       This scrub apart from giving me wanted fake kind of fairness, also makes my skin soft and smooth. Immediately after washing it off, this scrub gives that fresh and clean feel to my skin. But this scrub needs to be used with caution. Use it for not more than 2-3 mins and with the gentlest pressure possible. Or it would give you red, splotchy and irritated skin. Also it is not safe enough to use during breakouts and hence I have stopped using it now since I have ugly pimples sitting on my face now (they are drying :D). There is nothing special about this scrub but overall a not bad either.
























Pros: -


* Affordable & Easily Available

* Contains Vitabeads, Apricot Extracts, Walnut Shell Powder, all sounds impressive

* Screw-on packaging makes is travel safe

* Scrub particles are medium sized and not very harsh on the skin

* Has de-tanning capabilities when used in combination with the mask from the same range, which I always do

* Makes my skin soft & smooth

* Gives radiant glow and fresh-clean feel
































Cons: -


* Fake floral scent with bleach like smell

* Fake & temporary fairness

* Not suitable for sensitive skin but Lakme claim its suitable for "All skin types"





                    I rate Lakme Fresh Fairness Clean Up Face Scrub 3.75 out of 5 as it needs to be used with caution. A scrub with no 
specialty, a bit more pressure or a minute more can give you an irritated skin with red patches. But if you are sure to use it carefully and you are a fan of Walnut scrubs then go ahead and indulge yourself. Or simply find yourself another one as there is no dearth of good scrubs in the market.



Hope this review helped you in some way. Thank you for reading this review and please do leave behind your experience with Scrubs. Have a great time ahead :)



Also Read:

Lakme Nourishing Glow Clean Up Face Scrub- Review

Lakme Clear Pores Clean Up Face Scrub- Review




4 comments:

Nivedita said...

I have sensitive skin and most scrubs don;t work for me. This one and vedic line scrub work well on me without breaking me out.

of course you cannot use any scrub when you have pimples and scrubs would not remove black heads.
This one exfoliates well.

beautydiva said...

@Nivedita- same here, most scrub seems not to work for me, but this one is average. Thank you :)

Niesha said...

I like scrubs so i want to try it out! Nice review dear.:)

beautydiva said...

@Niesha Jeenwal- Yes dear go ahead, try it out. Thank you dear :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...