My Lovely Followers

Sunday, July 21, 2013

MAYBELLINE CLEARGLOW SHINE FREE CLEAR STICK BB STICK- 02 RADIANCE- SWATCHES & REVIEW
























SPF 21 PA+++

10 gm for INR 250


Maybelline Says: - 

* Mineral clay formula guarantees 12hr shine control.

* Contains Salicylic acid to manage combination & oily skin.

* Provides a soft, matte and radiant finish.

* Sweat-resistant and sebum - resistant formula leaves skin fresh all day.

* Hides appearance of pores & imperfection.

* Contains SPF 21/PA+++ that protects skin from sun damage.

* Instantly evens skin tone.

* Provides a power-light feel on skin.









Provides 8 benefits in just 1 step:  

1. Instantly brightens : Brightens skin to one tone lighter.

2. Protects with SPF 21/ PA+++ : Has a smooth, light & non-greasy texture.

3. Evens tone : Hides imperfections & corrects uneven skin tone.

4. Hydrates : Moisturizes all day (8 hours).

5. Conceals : Perfectly conceals flaws, blemishes & redness.

6. Smoothes : Instantly makes skin softer & smoother.

7. Mattifies : Controls shine all day.

8. Freshens : Resists sweat & sebum for 5 hours.




How to Use Maybelline BB Stick?:

* Swipe BB Stick on your forehead, nose, cheeks and chin.
* Blend in an outward direction towards hairline and jawline using quick, short strokes.
* Finally, you could also apply a little Kajal and Lip Balm for a great natural look.











My Opinion: - There has been a lot of skin care reviews on BDI of late and hence for a change, today I will be reviewing a makeup product. It is the Maybelline ClearGlow BB Stick which has been my favorite since its launch long back. I bought the one in Radiance and the other shade available is Fawn which I felt will be a tad bit dark for me. Everyone in the blogosphere is done reviewing this product and I am sure I must be the last one to post about it. The packaging is very cute and stylish, its like a lipstick tube. The body is blue-green synonymous to the Maybelline BB Cream and the lid is made of similar blue-green transparent plastic which shuts tight without any click sound. I have carried it ample number of times in my purse and while travelling, but the cap does not comes off so I would call it travel safe.










                     The tube it comes in has a twist up mechanism and I clean off the tip with a tissue after every use. It is nearly fragrance free which is a plus point or atleast the barely there chemical-scent goes off immediately upon application. This BB Stick is very creamy and glides on the skin very easily. It blends like a dream and gives seamless, flawless look to the skin in minutes. The BB Stick can be blended with brush, sponge and fingertips. Fingertips work the best I believe but today I have used Colorbar Foundation Brush to blend as I have a few breakouts on my face now. It does not do anything for the acne even though it is said to contain Salicylic Acid. I mean it neither irritates my break outs nor it dries or heals them.








                          This BB Stick stays on for whole day in an air-conditioned environment and 6-7 hrs in non air-conditioned environment without any fading. It does not make skin greasy at all and also it keeps my skin shine-free for hours. This BB Stick keeps my skin shine-free for 4-5 hours in an air-conditioned environment and 2-3 hours in a non air-conditioned environment. I have to blot my skin and use a compact only once or twice in the entire day. The 12 hours shine control claim is too big and hence it is false we all know. The BB Stick is said to control sweat and sebum for 5 hours and of course it does control sweat but sebum it does control for that long only in air-conditioned environment otherwise it is a mere 2-3 hours max that my skin stays shine-free. This BB Stick gives a dewy satiny glow immediately after application and later on settles into a matte finish. Actually it dries to powdery but smooth finish. The coverage is sheer to medium which can be built where required, would not cover up major flaws or heavy imperfections.








ARTIFICIAL LIGHTING


















NATURAL LIGHTING






















                        The Shade Radiance is for the fair to medium skin tones and looks a little whiter on my skin when I draw lines on my face with the stick. But upon blending it adapts to the color of my skin and matches very well. Actually the shade Radiance has Pink undertones and Fawn has Yellow undertones, it looks a little dark on my skin when swatched but upon blending it might as well adapt to the color of my skin. Blending this BB Stick is as easy as a breeze, a little dabbing and patting with fingertips is good enough for flawless skin. I do not need extra concealer for my slight under-eyes circles and minor flaws, this stick does even out my skin and I just have to add a bit more of it over blemishes and on my under-eyes and my skin is flawless. It brightens my face upon application and keep it that way for a long time and also minimizes the appearance of pores thus giving a very smooth look. I don't need to moisturize my skin before applying this BB Stick and I just have to cleanse & tone my skin and apply it. It glides without effort, no tugging or pulling of my skin. Also I do not need to layer my skin with Sunscreen as this BB Stick has SPF 21 & PA+++ which means it also protects skin from both UVA as well as UVB rays.




SWATCH-NOT BLENDED





















Pros: -


Affordable & Easily Available

Nearly all claims are true- evens out the skin, conceals, mattifies to some extent, hydrates, smooths & brightens

* Diminishes the pores thereby giving a smooth look to the skin

Negligible fragrance or can be called fragrance-free

Contains SPF21 & PA+++ (protection UVA &UVB), so no need to slather on my sunscreen

As I have very oily skin, I don't need to moisturize my skin as this BB Stick is enough hydrating for me but dry skin beauties are requested to use your moisturizer prior to using this Stick

Does not irritate my skin or my breakouts in any way, contains Salicylic Acid good for oily acne-prone skin

Extremely east to blend, hence can be used when in hurry

Truly a multi-tasker





SWATCH- BLENDED




Cons: -


* Only 2 shades are available which will not cover all Indian Skin Tones




                      I rate Maybelline Clearglow Shine Free Clear Stick BB Stick 4.75 out of 5. It really is a true multi-tasking product that each girl should have in her vanity. If only one of the 2 shades matches your skin tone you can go ahead with this great BB Stick which is really a sad sad deal. Other than that this is one great product that I highly recommended to all girls who like medium coverage and a natural look.



Hope this review helped you in some way and do leave behind your sweet comments and also share with us your experience with BB Creams/Sticks. Thank you and have a rocking time ahead :)



Also Read:

Garnier Skin Naturals BB Cream- Review

Maybelline Clearglow BB Cream- Review

Pond's White Beauty BB Cream- Review



2 comments:

Harshitha said...

Is this concealer available nw bcs im not getting it in shop they are telling it is out of stockšŸ¤”

Harshitha said...

Is this concealer available nw bcs im not getting it in shop they are telling it is out of stockšŸ¤”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...