My Lovely Followers

Thursday, December 19, 2013

ORIFLAME MILK & HONEY GOLD NOURISHING HAND & BODY CREAM- REVIEW





250 gms for 479

With Organic Extracts of Milk & Honey

Oriflame Says :- A rich moisturising cream which softens, conditions and nourishes your hands and body delectably.

Ingredients :- Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Paraffinum Liquidum, Mel, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Stearic Acid, Sine Adipe Lac, Propylparaben, Parfum, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Isopropyl Myristate, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, CI 47005, CI 14700


























My Opinion :- I have dry skin on my body, specially on my limbs. As winter approaches, I perk up my body care routine as my skin gets drier. Last month Oriflame sent me a whole bunch of products and I was very excited to find Milk & Honey Gold Nourishing Hand & Body Cream among other stuff. This cream is officially my first body cream from Oriflame, but I doubt if it had the word 'Gold' in it back then. Anyways the formula and packaging seems to have remained the same over the years. As I was using some other body lotions (for both day & night time) from other brand, I started using this since last 20 days or more. So here I am with my views on Oriflame Milk & Honey Gold Nourishing Hand & Body Cream.













































                         This Milk & Honey Cream comes in a cute round see-through plastic jar with a golden brown screw-on lid. The packaging is sturdy but not hygienic as I have to dip my finger to get the cream out for use (I have long nails). The jar is big enough to be travel-friendly but there is a protective foil at the mouth of the jar to avoid the cream from coming in contact with the lid and getting messy. Still I don't prefer to carry it along with me during my frequent travels as the cute jar is bulky and a little heavy too. I wish Oriflame had a smaller tube packaging of this cream as well, then it would have been hygienic and travel-friendly as well.

 
                      














































                      The fragrance of this hand & body cream too has remained the same as far as I can remember. The Milk & Honey Soap has a similar scent, fresh Jasmine but sweet and mild. The scent stays on for a while before fading off totally. This hand & body cream is a pale yellowish in color, thick butter-ish but more of a gel formula, it's light weight but very hydrating. This Milk & Honey Cream gives a cool feel to the skin upon application and therefore I think it would be a treat to use it during the hot summer nights. About 5 small blobs of cream is enough to cover my entire body. I prefer to dip a Q-tip to take out the product instead of my finger as the quantity is huge (250 gm), I would not be able to finish it off anytime soon and also I don't want to contaminate it. 






THE CREAM LOOKS LIKE THICK BUTTER, VERY HEAVY























                             I use two different body creams/lotions everyday at different times, a lotion/cream with sun protection for the day and a plain one for the night. This hand and body cream does not come with sun protection and this is the reason I apply it all over my body during the night as I love to apply body lotions/cream at night before hitting the bed. I have seen my mom doing this since I was a mere child and I have happily followed her. This cream easily gets absorbed into the skin with a gentle massage and immediately hydrates my dry skin. This Milk & Honey Cream is non-sticky and has good moisturising abilities but it just goes off within an hour leaving behind a luxurious silky-satiny feel to the skin. This silky feel stays on till washed off with water.





                           As for my hands, they are a lot dry, so I need a specialized hand cream but I do top it with this hand and body cream and than my hands are silky to the touch. In the morning my skin feels soft and supple and silky to the touch. I have to move on to a richer cream/lotion as the harsh winters come by because by then my skin would be much more drier and would need a richer moisturiser. Otherwise this hand and body cream would work wonders on my skin during the summers/warm/not so cold days when the skin on my body is not so dry. I know of a girl, who has normal facial skin and uses this on her face at all times and has fabulous skin. Ofcourse I never tried it on my face and I never will :P but it's my mom's favorite body cream (she had normal body skin) and a hit from Oriflame.




























Pros:



* Very hydrating

* Imparts a luxurious silky-satiny feel to the skin

* Mild & sweet Jasmine fragrance

* Rs 479 for 250 gm is justified, Oriflame products are on sale most of the time

* Non-sticky & non-greasy formula

* Light-weight gel formula, looks like thick butter

* Gets absorbed into the skin easily

* Contains organic extracts of milk & honey

* Makes the skin soft & supple




Cons:


* Bulky packaging, not travel-friendly & hygienic (I prefer tube packaging over jars with open mouths 

* Available only through Oriflame consultants

* No SPF included

* Moisturizing effect lasts only for an hour or less, would need reapplication if used during the day




























                   I rate Oriflame Milk & Honey Gold Nourishing Hand & Body Cream 4.25 out of 5. It does not comes with sun protection and so I had to use it during nights only. Gives a luxurious silky feel to the skin apart from being hydrating. Highly recomemded to all girls who adore body creams and also to girls with all skin types except very very dry chapped skin. A great body cream from Oriflame <3 



Hope you enjoyed my review, do leave behind your precious comments and share with us experiences with Oriflame Body Creams. Thank you and have a great time ahead :)


**Product sent by Brand for review purpose**



8 comments:

Natasha Bhatt said...

Oriflame makes good skin care products,, nice review !!

beautydiva said...

@Natasha Bhatt- Yes they do, presently I am using a lot of Oriflame stuff...loving most of them as well. Thank you very much :)

Anonymous said...

is this product suitable for face ?

Unknown said...

Good product specially suitabal for dry skin ....A great body cream ...

Anonymous said...

I’ve used it before and liked it very much. I liked the fragrance and the way it blends with skin. This is just perfect for summers. Great review it was & you described the product perfectly.

Bhumika said...

Hi All,
My friends with dry skin used it and its always in demand with them. Not only it provides smooth finish but help removing Tan also with regular use. Super product.

Anonymous said...

Really nice and detailed description. I woyld like to discuss its smell though.It doesn't smell any where closer to jasmine.good moisturising property, well yeah but I'm disappointed with its smell. Tender care Honey balm has much stronger smell of hiney than this. I have con firmed it's expiry but theres a long way to go. I have tried applying very less amount as well but I'm not liking the fragrance really.

Unknown said...

Can ths cream be use un face

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...